Saturday 30 September 2017

Juice Review : Digby's NEW TPD compliant 'Short-fills'

When the TPD first hit the EU, everyone was a little perturbed at the fact that eLiquids would now only be available in 10ml bottles. But, as a community, us vapers learnt subtle ways around this. And that's where Short-fills come in...
For those of you who don't know, a short fill is essentially a bottle of 0mg eLiquid, that leaves space for you to add your own nicotine shot, thus creating a 3mg or 6mg etc.
Now, If you know me, you know that I am a sucker for custard flavoured vapesDigby's DMC was my first custard flavour (over 2 years ago) and it is still my favourite. I have not found a custard juice that even remotely comes close to DMC. Just for the record, I have reviewed DMC before, however, I decided to review it again and compare it to my last one, to see if there's any change of opinion.

So, when Adrian from Digby's sent me two of their most popular flavours (that have been recently re-released), I was very much looking forward to tasting this beautiful, beautiful line of juices!

The juices that were sent came in 60ml gorilla-style bottles, filled with 50ml of eliquid (to leave space for your nic shot). They are 0mg/ml of nicotine , so I assume there will be an extremely mild throat hit, if at all.

They are available online and at www.digbysjuices.co.uk, and are hand crafted in small batches to ensure great quality and optimum flavour.

Today, I will be testing these eliquids out on:
Druga RDA, dual coil at 0.17ohms
Asmodus Minikin v2 at 90watts


DMC
0mg/ml 80:20 VG:PG

As I remember, DMC is the same, delicious, almost nutty custard that I first tried over 2 years ago. It is smooth, creamy and well executed. There was absolutely no weird aftertaste, meaning it is an ideal candidate for an all day vape.
There are definitive notes of soft vanilla, but at no point was it sickly nor artificial. I particularly enjoy the wholesome flavour that is carried throughout the whole vaping process, from inhalation all the way to the exhale.
The main flavour component of custard is very, very realistic and tastes just like warm vanilla custard that you would have with a pudding.
As I mentioned previously, this was not at all too sickly nor overpowering. All of the other custard juices that I have tried, were OK - initially... but after a short while, they became literally un-vapeable, due to the artificial flavourings and almost bitter after taste. You do not get this with DMC. It is hands down the best custard I have ever tried, and you can tell that it was made carefully with great precision.
Due to the fact that this particular eliquid is 80/20 VG/PG, one can expect incredible cloud production, without scrimping on flavour whatsoever.
I implore you, whether you are a fan of custard vapes or not, to try this eLiquid and see for yourself how fantastic it is.


Mum's Custard
0mg/ml 60:40 VG:PG

So, from what I can gather, Mum's Custard is very similar to DMC, although it has a lower VG percentage (60:40 VG:PG)
I had never tried Mum's Custard before, but if DMC was anything to go by, I was sure it was gong to taste incredible.
Mum's Custard carries essentially the same elements of flavour as DMC, and I can pick up on an almost milky edge to it, that accentuates the creaminess found in these two flavours.
Due to the lower percentage of VG I think (although it may be purely psychological), that the flavour as a whole is a little more pronounced in this juice.
I think the main aspect of these two flavours being very similar in taste, but also being two different VG/PG ratios, would be that users of non sub ohm set-ups, could use Mum's Custard whilst still enjoying the taste of DMC. Vapour production with this flavour was actually still pretty good, despite it having less VG than DMC.
Overall, I'm very glad I was able to try it out, and again, like with DMC, I would highly recommend it to all vapers, especially those of you who enjoy sweet, dessert like vapes.



I would like to thank Adrian from Digby's for kindly providing me with these eLiquids for the purpose of this review!

2 comments: